5 Key Attributes Of Top Midfielders
What makes a great midfielder? Why do Thiago, Phil Foden and KDB stand out? There is no magic formula but there are attributes that every top midfielder must master.
Here are 5 key midfielder attributes that you would see in a top-class footballer:
1. Receiving under pressure – At the highest level of the game you have to be able to receive the ball under pressure.
2. Breaking lines -The best players can break lines with the ball at their feet… exploiting space and dominating 1v1 in central areas.
3. Body movement & shapes – How you move your body efficiently with and without the ball to maximise impact with balance and coordination.
4. Defending – Winning the ball back quickly has become a key part of midfielders games, knowing the triggers to defence are key.
5. Finishing – Bending it into the top corner or timing a run into the box for a tap in, goal-scoring midfielders are always at the top of their game.
Learn how to work on and improve these attributes with the My Personal Football Coach Midfielder Course today. Follow the 13 modules to become a top-class midfielder.
Access our online elite training academy and teach yourself or your child how to be a Premier League Player!View all blog posts »